I am on a personal mission to empower women to find effective solutions to their health problems. Too many women struggle with energy, mood, sleep, weight, PMS and other hormonal issues and are either told it's all in their head, or offered birth control pills and anti-depressants when there are so many other safe, effective, holistic options.
When I learned about naturopathic medicine for the first time, the blend of science, medicine, holistic healing and nature sounded perfect to me. I subscribed to numerous natural health magazines and started learning about herbs like Echinacea, before anyone I knew had ever heard of it. I loved sharing information with people I cared about and helping them feel better without the side effects of typical over the counter medicines. Then, in naturopathic medical school, I learned holistic treatments for many of my own health issues and became fascinated with women’s health and the intricacies of how our bodies function.
After eight years practicing at San Francisco Natural Medicine, I now have my own practice in Berkeley where I live with my husband and son. I enjoy cooking with natural foods, spending time outdoors, hiking and yoga.
Credentials and Memberships
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine, National College of Naturopathic Medicine; Portland, OR, 2004
- Advanced Gynecology training and mentorship, Portland, OR
- California License #ND-4 (one of the first NDs licensed in the state)
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Member
- California Naturopathic Doctors Association, Member and Past Board Member
- Endometriosis Association, Member, Board of Directors
- Past faculty at American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Guest lecturer at UCSF, SF State and Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Author and Speaker for healthcare providers, students and the public
- Creator of the 2-Week Women's Recharge wellness program